Show Notes: Rohan Wright from Melbourne, Australia.
“Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
When we talk to owners they want often want one of 3 things:
- Big growth in sales and profits – but aren’t achieving it.
- Help when things aren’t going well.
- A business that runs smoothly without the owner doing everyone’s job for them.
That tells me that there are a lot of owners out there working hard but not getting the results they deserve, and I bring passion, a broad skill set and invaluable experience that provides the missing pieces of the jigsaw.
I have done it time and again in the businesses I’ve managed prior to taking up consultancy work. I believe that with the right partner in business – the sky is the limit.
I’ve over 30 years of management experience and hold a Bachelor of Business. I have been a key part of teams that delivered some big results, initially as a key manager and then in General Manager/CEO roles. I discovered that what gets me out of bed buzzing, is achieving big changes that have a lasting impact. A few examples are:
- A key manager in a family business that grew tenfold in eight years, it would be a $40 million company in 2014 dollars.
- As General Manager of a 5 entity business, I took one of those units from a $250k business value to being sold for $3 million. Turnover had doubled and we had successfully dealt with a new big box competitor entering the market. The other primary profit centre also doubled in sales and profits.
- Developed a marketing campaign for the furniture industry, one arm of this was a website that had over 200,000 hits in the first eight months.
The businesses I’ve managed cover retail, wholesale, trades, service, and projects. I’ve been in diverse roles including; Sales Manager, Purchasing Manager, Branch Manager, Marketing Manager, General Manager, Accountant (as part of the GM role), and finally as a CEO.
I found as I moved through that journey, that the key to making any business grow profitably, was success in all of the key facets of business management, well beyond being a particular product or service champion.
A business is like a driving a Porsche in a rallying race , you need a finely tuned car, a roadmap and a close partnership with a great navigator/mechanic. A great Business Consultant is like a navigator/mechanic – we get Business Owners to their goal smoothly, quickly, and fix any of the key components that may stall the car.
If you have a question do not hesitate to email us at.